authoritarian |əˌθôriˈte(ə)rēən; ôˌθär-|
favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, esp. that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom
• showing a lack of concern for the wishes or opinions of others;domineering; dictatorial
a little hyperbole but this sort of thing always creeps up on a nation like ours that thinks itself democratic and progressive. and the questions? they follow:
- how much did it cost to erect the toll ‘gates’, the signage, the tags, the contact centers?
- Sanral has pushed back starting the e-toll system “to address public concern” but since they stand to lose why would they recommend scrapping the system after their findings?
- the Secrecy Bill was pushed through parliament despite some of the biggest opposition in the country, do we really think the government is going to listen to the opposition on this?
- now do we really think they’ll just crap the e-toll system?
- what else can we do to ensure this e-toll system never even starts, never mind trying to make it collapse?